The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) conducts various competitive exams to recruit candidates for different posts in the state of Odisha. The eligibility criteria for OPSC exams may vary based on the specific exam being conducted, but some common criteria are as follows:
- Nationality: The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age: The candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years (for most of the exams) on January 1 of the year in which the examination is being held. However, age relaxation is provided for certain categories as per government rules.
- Educational Qualification: The candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent qualification from a recognized university. Some exams may have additional educational qualifications or subject requirements.
- Language Proficiency: The candidate must be able to read, write and speak Odia and have passed the Middle School Examination with Odia as a language subject, or an equivalent examination with Odia as a language subject.
- Physical Fitness: The candidate must meet the physical fitness standards as prescribed by the OPSC for the specific exam.
It is important to note that the eligibility criteria may vary depending on the specific OPSC exam being conducted. Candidates are advised to refer to the official notification of the exam for detailed eligibility criteria.